Maintaining a marriage is easier on some days than others. As marriages evolve and people grow, it isn’t uncommon for friction to occur between you and your spouse. Fighting sometimes is a normal part of all marriages. However, if the tension and conflict between you and your spouse begins to impact your daily life, it may be time to try marriage counseling. Philly Family Life Counseling LLC offers marital counseling in NJ and PA that can help you and your spouse work through conflict. Marriage counseling isn’t admitting a failure in marriage; it is a step toward regrouping and rebuilding so that you and your spouse can live happier and healthier lives.
Here’s What to Expect in Marital Counseling
Marriage counseling can seem intimidating at first, but a therapist isn’t there to judge your marriage; they are there to help you manage conflict and begin a journey of healing. Here is what to expect in marital counseling:
- Counseling is essentially a conversation with a therapist, who is an unbiased third-party professional. Their goal is to listen and help you work through conflict together
- It is a warm and inviting environment to freely communicate with your partner
- A marriage counselor will help you build a foundation of trust and support between you and your spouse
- A place to build healthy communication habits and learn tools that will allow you to problem-solve and communicate even outside of marriage counseling
- Set goals for the future as a couple and family
- Address larger external conflicts, such as grief, depression, or anxiety
Marital Counseling in NJ or PA with Dr. Devers
When you and your spouse are having trouble coexisting or addressing conflicts, it may be time to try marital counseling. Dr. Devers of Philly Family Life Counseling LLC is an open-minded therapist with decades of experience. He can help you and your spouse piece your relationship back together so you are both happy and healthy. Form healthy communication habits and live harmoniously together once again. If you and your spouse are interested in starting marital counseling with Dr. Devers, you can call our office at 215-677-3810. You can also fill out our online form to make an appointment. All couples are welcome with Dr. Devers, and he invites you to read his letter to open couples here.