Feeling stress sometimes is a natural part of life. Whether it’s from things you deal with everyday or from a major life event, stress is normal and sometimes even healthy. However, if stress has started to make it so you’re having trouble functioning in your day to day life, it may be time to seek help. But how? If you’re wondering, “can a therapist help with stress?”, then you’re on the right track. A therapist can help you take purposeful control of your stress and its resulting symptoms. Dr. Devers at Philly Family Life Counseling LLC is a stress management therapist who can give you the tools you need to move forward with a happier and healthier life. You don’t have to let your stress overwhelm you; stress management therapy can help you find the peace you’re looking for.
How Can A Therapist Help with Stress?
When you feel stressed, it’s typically the result of a specific issue or conflict in your life. However, over time, stress can spread through every aspect of your life and have serious implications for your health – both mental and physical. Sometimes, it’s not enough to just temporarily remove yourself from the situation. The effects of stress can have lingering anxieties and serious implications. Here’s how stress therapy can help:
- Understand why certain stressors affect you and learn to recognize them in advance
- Identify stressors and how the symptoms of stress present themselves in your life; whether that’s anxiety, OCD, irritability, or more
- Speak about your stress in a healthy and productive way that will allow you to move through what’s causing you stress
- Learn to cope with stress and minimize its effects
- Break the cycle of negative feelings and emotions
- Learn how to overcome and cope with stress so you can live a healthier and happier life
Your Stress Doesn’t Have to Control You
Stress can sometimes feel like a never ending cycle of tension and anxiety, but your stress doesn’t have to control your life. If you feel like your stress is interfering with your ability to function, it may be time to seek help. Dr. Devers at Philly Family Life Counseling LLC is a stress management therapist who can help you reduce and cope with your stress so you can take back control of your life. If you’re interested in managing your stress, give our office a call at 215-677-3810. You don’t have to suffer alone; call us today to take the first step toward finding inner peace.
Leave a Reply