Infidelity can break trust with more than just your partner; it can affect trust in all your relationships. It can bring on feelings of grief, loss, guilt, and bitterness. You may feel like your relationship is unsalvageable, even if you still love your partner.
However, for those who are willing to try couples therapy after infidelity, this time can also be the beginning of building a stronger marriage by understanding the causes for this painful space between spouses. If you feel like the effects of infidelity are preventing you from living a happy and healthy life, Dr. Devers & Associates of Philly Family Life Counseling LLC can help you start to heal and move on.
What Couples Therapy After Infidelity Looks Like
Couples therapy after infidelity can be effective if you and your spouse are willing to be open, honest, and put in the emotional work it takes to heal. Here is what couples therapy with Dr. Devers looks like:
- First and foremost, counseling offers a neutral space and warm atmosphere for you to talk and listen to each other. Being transparent with your partner about tough feelings may be difficult, but it is the first step toward healing and understanding.
- Counseling can help you and your partner lay a new foundation for healthy communication skills and habits. You can work together to build back trust, take ownership of your actions, and express forgiveness.
- Learn to create a culture of honesty and openness together.
- Set goals as a couple and work toward them together.
- Discuss the issues you face, plans for the future, expectations of each other, and more with guidance from a professional.
Start Your Healing Process Today – Give Us a Call
Dr. Devers & Associates at Philly Family Life Counseling LLC can provide couples counseling after infidelity and show you how to move on to a happier and healthier future; whether deciding to stay in the marriage or move toward divorce. He is an experienced life coach and relationship counselor who can help you work through grief, mistrust, guilt, and any other complicated emotions you might be feeling after experiencing infidelity in a partner, and help you move toward a future where you are able to be at peace. To set up an appointment or get more information, please call 215-677-3810, or fill out our online form.